I went to Wal-mart this morning to test out their new coupon policy. I also wanted to test their ad matching guarantee. It actually went better then I expected.
Read your coupons before you use them to make sure you are using them correctly. I had originally planned to buy 10 bottles of Similac, use 10 $5 Similac coupons, and use my overage to get a bag of birdseed. I looked at the Similac coupon and it said "Limit one coupon per transaction". A transaction is your entire order, from ringing up the first item, to paying the amount you owe. So I ended up splitting my purchases (each item is a separate purchase) into 10 separate transactions. This all worked out in the end because I had actually started in the garden center and my cart was full of discounted plants, 12 to be exact.
Oh, I actually had to go back through the checkout a second time because I didn't have room in my first cart for the Propel free water. My transactions are below the pictures.
$2.97 Splenda 100 ct -- price matched to the sale price at Walgrens this week :-)
$2.97 Splenda 100 ct -- price matched to the sale price at Walgrens this week :-)
$2.97 Splenda 100 ct -- price matched to the sale price at Walgrens this week :-)
$2.97 Splenda 100 ct -- price matched to the sale price at Walgrens this week :-)
$2.97 Splenda 100 ct -- price matched to the sale price at Walgrens this week :-)
$2.97 Splenda 100 ct -- price matched to the sale price at Walgrens this week :-)
$2.97 Splenda 100 ct -- price matched to the sale price at Walgrens this week :-)
$2.97 Splenda 100 ct -- price matched to the sale price at Walgrens this week :-)
$3.84 Similac quart
$2.00 Plant
$ .42 tax
-$3.00 Splenda manufacturers coupon
-$3.00 Splenda manufacturers coupon
-$3.00 Splenda manufacturers coupon
-$3.00 Splenda manufacturers coupon
-$3.00 Splenda manufacturers coupon
-$3.00 Splenda manufacturers coupon
-$3.00 Splenda manufacturers coupon
-$3.00 Splenda manufacturers coupon
-$5.00 Similac manufacturers coupon
$1.02 out of pocket
$3.84 Similac quart
$2.00 Plant
$ .18 tax
-$5.00 Similac manufacturers coupon
$1.02 out of pocket
I did this transaction 7 times...I'm actually getting ready to run back to Wal-Mart because I just noticed one of the coupons isn't showing up on the receipt so I was over charged $5. Even though I was standing there watching her ring everything up for some reason it isn't showing the coupon.
$3.84 Similac quart
$1.25 Plant
$1.25 Plant
$ .22 tax
-$5.00 Similac manufacturers coupon
$1.56 out of pocket
I did this transaction 2 times
$11.00 22-bottles Propel Free water
$ .11 tax
-$11.00 11-$1/2 Propel Free manfacturers coupons
$ .11
They were marked down to $.50. The $.50 display in the back of the store by the others waters was EMPTY. I actually found these up by the registers. They still had the $1 tag so I priced checked one to make sure they were $.50. 22 free bottles of water for $.11. Yeah!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment