Why should you use coupons?
- To save money and to stock your pantry. You will find that you are going to bring home a lot more and spend a lot less when you go shopping with coupons.
Why should I use coupons, I have used them before and they did not work for me?
-It will work for you if you realize it is more than just taking one or two coupons to the store. you need to get coupons, match the coupons to store sales and rebates, and stock up when the prices are the lowest.
Where do I get coupons?
-The Sunday newspaper: Redplum (RP) and SmartSource (SS) coupon inserts can be found in the Sunday newspaper. Some areas also get inserts in free local newspapers. Once a month the Sunday newspaper also contains a Proctor & Gamble (P&G) insert.
-Internet printable coupons: Redplum, SmartSource & Coupons.com. They will ask you to download a small program which allows you to print the coupons. Don't worry, these programs do not contain a virus as some people will try to tell you. On most of these coupon sites you can print one coupon, then click your back arrow and print a second coupon. If you want more than 2 coupons you will need multiple computers.
-Coupon mailers: You have to give them your address, but you can get good coupons and also free samples.
-Magazines: All You Magazine is a good source of coupons. Wal-mart sells this magazine or you can get a monthly subscription. It is always jam-packed with manufacturer's coupons.
How do I organize my coupons?
There are multiple ways to organize your coupons. A google search will yield alot of good ideas.
-File the coupon inserts whole: Put the date on the front and only cut coupons as you need them.
--I started out filing my coupon inserts whole. I store them in hanging file folders and hang the files in a bankers box.
-Coupon binder: Clip your coupons and put them in baseball card or photo holders.
--I started out with a coupon binder. I would clip the coupons as I needed them, place them in photo sleeves in the binder, and take the binder to the store. This took more time then I wanted to spend.
-File box: Clip your coupons and put them in the box
--I tried this and it didn't work well for me
-Envelope: Clip your coupons and put them in an envelope.
--I still use this method. I use an envelope for each store that I'm going to shop at
-Small plastic accordion file: small, holds a lot of coupons, and you can file them in the pockets
--I use this for Rite Aid. I always have this with me
How many Sunday newspapers should I buy?
-Buy what works for you but always buy them in multiples of 2. Most stores will allow you to use 2 coupons on a B1G1 sale.
-I buy 6 newspapers every Sunday. This may seem like a high number with only my husband and myself at home. Since I share my stockpile with my family and my in-laws it works out to be the right number of inserts.
No comments:
Post a Comment