July 12, 2011

Bi-Lo -- Diet Dr. Pepper and Dr. Pepper $.23 for a 2-liter bottle

Wow did I stumble across an awesome deal today.   And heads up as it may just be a today only deal.

The soda delivery guy was taking the 12 packs of coke off the end cap in the front of the store.  There was a flat full of 2-liter bottles of Diet Dr. Pepper and Dr. Pepper sitting there waiting to takes it's place.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw $ .55 coupons stuck to the 2-liter bottles. I grabbed one of them and took it to the self checkout and asked the cashier if she would do a price check for me.  It rang up at $1.67 minus $.34.  I said "okay, so that makes them $1.33 each, thanks!". 

I quickly went off to fill up my cart.  I grabbed 10 bottles and went to the check out.  Remember, at BiLo 10 is the magic number for alike coupons.  After 10 the registers seem to get angry and beep.  So to keep the beeping to a minimum I always break my orders up if I"m getting more than 10 of the same item.  I did this 2 additional times  :-)

I have 30 2-liters of Diet Dr. Pepper (I did grab 2 Dr. Peppers for the hubby).  The total for the sodas was only $7.14.  At regular price they would have cost me $50.10.  I saved $42.96 !!

And if you know me very well at all then you know I"m a Diet Dr. Pepperaholic !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment