If you want to use coupons to lower your grocery budget you need to start by collecting coupons. There are numerous place you can start getting coupons.
1) Inserts from the Sunday Paper
- get at least two (2) papers every week. They will pay for themselves.
2) Print them from the internet
- coupon.com
- redplum.com
- smartsource.com
- bricks coupons
3) Print them from manufacturers websites
4) Facebook
- create a separate facebook account just to get coupons
5) Magazines
6) Coupon clipping services on the internet
- Buy whole inserts from the Sunday Paper
- Buy just the coupons you want
---you are not buying coupons, you are actually just paying for their clipping services
There are numerous ways to organize your coupons.
1) Binder
- use photo or baseball card pages. Cut all of your coupons and put htem in the pages.
2) Store the inserts uncut.
- Use hanging files to store the inserts by date. Cut them when you want to use them.
3) Shoe box
- Cut the coupons and put them in a box. Not the most favorable method.
4) Cut the coupons and put them in envelopes
5) Accordion file
- small file made especially for coupons
- larger one, will hold more coupons.
I have actually used all of these to store my coupons.
-I started out with the binder method, then added a box to store the loose coupons. However, I did not cut all of my coupons, I only cut the ones I thought I would use. I then stored the inserts in a pile in a box.
-I would store my inserts in a hanging files in a bankers box. Then I would put the cut coupons in legal envelopes when I went to the store.
-I still store my inserts in hanging files in a bankers box. However, I have graduated from envelopes to a midsize accordion file to carry my coupons to the store.
Use the method that works best for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment