August 03, 2011

Coupons will pay for themselves

Remember how I said you need to get at least 2 newspapers every week?  You may be sitting there right now saying to yourself that you are not about to pay $1 - $2.50 for a newspaper just to get coupons you will never use.  Am I right, did you just say that? 

Hold that thought for just a moment and read on, I'm sure I will change your mind. 

I purchase at least 6 newspapers every Sunday at Ingles for $.98 a piece.  Now keep in mind that it is only Keith and I at home.  So it is just the two of us that benefit from my couponing, well unless you stop to consider my dad shops from Deb's Deals a couple of times a year.  And once a year he might deliver a couple of care packages to my sister and my son.  My inlaws shop here once or twice a year.  Have I begun changing your mind yet?

I actually am able to get enough free/cheap items that I can share with our families, keep enough for us to use and still stay within a low monthly budget.  And I do this by purchasing at least 6 newspapers every Sunday for $5.98.  Yes, I do end up with coupons that are never used.  But I also use alot of coupons every month. 

I purchase items that I never thought I would even be able to afford.  But who can not afford FREE?  Ask yourself this question "Can I really not afford to spend money on newpapers every week if it will allow me to save hundreds of dollars every month"?

This past Sunday I spent $5.98 on 6 newspapers.  There were four coupon inserts in this weeks newspaper.  1 SmartSource, 2 different RedPlums and 1 Proctor & Gamble.  As luck would have it this happened to also be a week where there were multiple copies of the SmartSource insert in some of the newspapers.  I found this out when I went through the newspaper to verify all of the inserts were in the newspaper.  Never, ever purchase a newspaper without looking through it to make sure your inserts are in there. I did make an exception this week because the newspapers I purchased did not contain the smaller of the RedPlum inserts.  I was actually fine with those inserts being missing because the SmartSource insert contained some really good coupons this week.

Remember I said there were multiple copies of the SmartSource insert?  Well 4 of the newspapers I purchased actually contained 3 of the SmartSource inserts in addition to the RP and P&G.  The other 2 newspapers contained 2 of the SmartSource inserts in addition to the RP and P&G.  This meant I was getting 16 SmartSource inserts, 6 RedPlum inserts and 6 P&G inserts for $5.98.  JACKPOT !!

I have already saved $70.24 by using the $3 Splenda Essentials coupon that was in the SmartSource insert.  So ask yourself again "Can I really not afford to spend money on newspapers every week if it will allow me to save hundreds of dollars every month"!

Leave me a comment and let me know if I have changed your mind even the tiniest little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment