October 09, 2011

Coupon Inserts

How many coupon inserts did you buy today?

I bought my normal 6 inserts from SundayCouponInserts.  Since my local Sunday papers now cost $1.50 (instead of $.98) I find it well worth the money to get my coupon inserts from Tampa, Florida.  I also know that I am getting the better coupons.

This morning I decided to make a run to Wal-Mart.  Now keep in mind I do not shop for very many things at Wal-Mart.  I will admit that I used to do all of my grocery shopping at Wal-Mart.  Once I started using coupons 2+ years ago I very seldom buy anything at Wal-Mart anymore.  However I was wanting to get some Diet Dr. Pepper and look to see if they carried Purina One Dog food.  I had read a couple of blogs that were promoting the fact that we could use the $4/1 Purina One Dog Food coupon from today SmartSource on a 1lb box which Wal-Mart sells for $2.57.  Well, appears that Wal-Mart does not sell anything smaller then a 3.5 lb bag for $6+.  I am going to watch the local stores for sales and while it may not be a money maker I should get a good deal on the dog food.

I grabbed a newpaper to see what coupons were in our local inserts and was surprised to see that we had the coupon for the new Diet Dr. Pepper 10 (up to $1.99 off).  Well the store brand soda went quickly back on the shelf.  I grabbed 10 Diet Dr. Pepper 10's and 10 newspapers.  I did have to go through several newspapers before I found 10 SmartSource that had the DDP10 coupon.  Appears there were 2 different Smart Source in our local newspaper today.  First time I seen that happen.

I bought 10 newspapers for $15.00, pulled out the coupons, then bought 10 Diet Dr. Pepper 10's for free.  The Diet Dr. Pepper 10's were $1.00 each.  The way I look at it, I would have spent $8.50 on the store brand soda anyway, so why not buy additional newspapers and apply the 'soda money' to the papers.  I ended up paying $6.50 for 10 newspapers (my math is coming from the $15 - $8.50 for store brand soda). 

I am also excited because our local coupon inserts had coupons for 4 different 'Carolina Pride' meats (smoked sausage, bacon, sausage, and cocktail smokies).  These are not in the Tampa inserts.  All in all I think I made a good purchase.  I will keep track of what coupons I use out of these additional inserts to see if I did well, or if it was a bust.

No comments:

Post a Comment