![]() | |||||||||||||
| Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup INGREDIENTS
1 bag (32 oz) frozen southern-style diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
1/2 cup frozen chopped onion (from 12-oz bag), thawed
1 medium stalk celery, diced (1/2 cup)
1 carton (32-oz) Progresso® chicken broth
1 cup water
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 bag (8 oz) shredded American-Cheddar cheese blend (2 cups)
1/4 cup real bacon pieces (from 2.8-oz package)
4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
DIRECTIONS
1
In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix potatoes, onion, celery, broth and water.
2
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
3
In small bowl, mix flour into milk; stir into
potato mixture. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 20 to 30
minutes or until mixture thickens. Stir in cheese until melted. Garnish
individual servings with bacon and green onions. Sprinkle with pepper if
desired.
Instead of using purchased bacon pieces, cook 2 strips of bacon until crisp, then drain and crumble.
Southern-style hash brown potatoes are diced instead of shredded. These work best in this recipe.
Yummy soup, perfect for a fall day like today. I am trying it with fresh potatoes.
I priced matched KMarts sale and picked these potatoes up at Wal-Mart yesterday. 10 lbs of Russet potatoes for only $.99. Most of them were baking potato size. I love using my Yoshi-blade peeler and knife when I cut potatoes. Potatoes have been cooking for about 4 hours. Should be cooked in time for a nice dinner. Yummy....Yummy....Yummy I tried using shredded Colby/Jack and it didn't melt very well, would recommend plain cheddar cheese. I used Sausage bits instead of Bacon bits...Wow!!! And it made for an awesome lunch today :-) | |
November 13, 2011
Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment